This list will piggyback off of the article we posted last week, How to Get Motivated When the Couch is Your Home. If you haven’t read that yet, go read it!
We know we’re not the only ones working from home and/or not going out as much. As a stay at home mom, I am used to spending most of my time at our house, but I’m not used to my husband being home or nannying other kids during the day in my home. Needless to say, my schedule has changed a lot.
Although there is more going on inside, sometimes it’s hard for me to find meaningful tasks to fill up my day. Comment below if you feel the same!
Below is a list of 50+ activities I’ve compiled to help you (and myself) be more productive at home.
As you read through this list, make a note for which ones interest you or which ones would be beneficial to you. Now is the time to get motivated, start projects, and be productive!
- Replace your bed sheets/blankets
- Clean the oven, stove, & microwave
- Make a pile of things to donate (old clothes, blankets, etc.)
- Make a pile of things to sell (books, CD’s, etc.)
- Vacuum, sweep, & mop the floors
- Clean the bathtub & toilet
- Wipe the floorboards, doorknobs, & light switches
- Organize your storage room
- Clean the windows
- Complete a puzzle
- Play a board game
- Play a card game
- Read a book
- Write notes to people
- Video chat with your friends and family
- Create a ball obstacle course
- Build a fort
- Listen to a podcast
- Do a science experiment
- Make an escape room
- Build with Legos
- Start a blog (learn how to start here)
- Go through your emails
- Review your budget
- Write down steps to get a promotion or raise
- Apply for a new job
- Update your resume
- Register for a class (colleges like Yale are offering some classes online for free)
- Make a vision board
- Cook or Bake
- Play an instrument
- Write a book/poem
- Write a song
- Start a collection
- Magic tricks
- Learn a new language
Plan for the Future
- Meal plan
- Make to-do lists for the next day
- Make a goal list for the week
- Make a grocery list
- Set future travel plans
- Create an emergency plan
Do you have a favorite activity you do at home? Comment below and let us know what it is! And be sure to follow us on all our social media accounts for the best motivation and finance tips!